Some abilities cause ships to gain, spend, or remove tokens. Tokens are used
to track effects and come in a variety of colors.
- When a ship is instructed to GAIN a token, a token from the supply is
placed in the play area next to the ship.
- When a ship is instructed to SPEND a token or there is an instruction to
REMOVE a token from a ship, a token of that type is returned from that
ship to the supply.
- When a ship is instructed to TRANSFER a token to another ship, it is
removed from that ship and assigned to the other ship.
- If a ship involved in a transfer is not able to remove or gain the token
involved, the transfer cannot take place.
Token Colors and Shapes
To help with memory, the token's color and shape indicates both when the
token is removed and whether the effect is positive or negative.
- Green and orange tokens are removed during the End Phase. These
tokens are both circular.
- Blue and red tokens have special criteria for when they can be removed or
spent. These tokens are diamond shaped.
- The physical position of a token in the play area does not provide any
effect and is merely representational of belonging to the ship.