The ABILITY QUEUE is used to resolve the timing of multiple
abilities that trigger during the same timing window. Abilities are resolved
from the front of the queue to the back of the queue. These abilities are
added to the back of the ability queue using the following rules:
- If both players have abilities that triggered from the same event, the abilities are added to the ability queue in player order.
- If a player has multiple abilities that triggered from the same event, that player chooses the order that those abilities are added to the ability queue.
- If resolving an effect from the ability queue triggers additional effects, they are added to the front of the ability queue using the above rules.
See Appendix for 2 examples of the ability queue.
- If there are game effects that share the same timing window as a player's
ability, the game effect is resolved first.
- For example, if a ship performs a red barrel roll and the ship has an
ability that triggers after it performs a barrel roll, the ship gains a
stress token before the other ability is resolved.