Boost represents a pilot activating additional thrusters to move farther
forward. When a ship performs a
action, it boosts. A ship boosts by following these steps:
- Choose the [1 ],
[1 ], or
[1 ] template.
- Set the template between the ship's front
- Place the ship at the opposite end of the template and slide the rear
guides of the ship into the template.
- Return the template to the supply.
- When a player declares to boost a ship, that player also declares
whether the ship is boosting straight, left, or right.
- While attempting to place a ship to complete a boost, the action can
fail if any of the following occurs:
- The ship's final positions would cause the ship to
overlap another ship.
- The ship would overlap or move through
- The ship's final position would cause it to be outside the play area
(and therefore would cause that ship to
- If a boost fails, the ship is returned to its prior position before it
attempted the boost. If this was part of a
action, that action fails.
- The player cannot choose to fail a boost if the final position would not
cause the action to fail.
- Performing a boost does not count as executing a
maneuver but does count as a
- If an ability instructs a ship to boost, this is different than performing
A ship that boosts without performing the action can still perform the
action this round.